Top Five Things to Look for When Hiring a Caterer
When planning a big event, like a wedding or corporate weekend, one of the important decisions is what to feed your attendees. Hiring a professional caterer is one of the best ways to provide food for any event. They will handle the menu, cooking, serving, and cleanup so you can stay focused on your guests.
There are several aspects to consider when hiring the best caterer for your event. To make things easier, we’ve compiled a list of the most important things to consider when hiring a professional catering service.
- Certified Red Seal Chef. This Canadian certification recognizes chefs for their skills, experience, creativity and professionalism. A Red Seal designation is the ultimate award for excellence. A Red Seal Chef has extensive training and expertise in culinary arts and is the best choice for your event.
- Up-To-Date Food Handlers Certification. Any caterer you’re considering must have a Food Handlers Certification. This certificate ensures they have completed a course on safe food handling practices to prevent foodborne illness.
- Ensure your Caterer is Insured. Your caterer should be insured to avoid any headaches or extra charges surrounding potential equipment or property damage.
- Read reviews. With all the information available online today, it’s never been easier to find reviews about catering companies. Google, Yelp, Angie’s List are just a few examples of where to find reputable reviews. Read through as many as possible to get a sense of their quality, presentation and customer service reputation.
- Smart Serve Certification. Ensure each member of the serving staff has a Smart Serve Certification if your event will be serving alcohol. The Smart Serve Program teaches responsible alcohol beverage serving practices and is a requirement for all licensed establishments in Ontario.
Follow these guidelines when hiring a caterer to make your event a smashing success. If you’re looking for a caterer in The Golden Horseshoe, including Burlington, Halton, Hamilton, Wentworth, Peel, Brant and surrounding counties, Burlington Catering provides world-class catering with outstanding customer service. Burlington Catering specializes in bespoke catering service for any event.
To learn more, please visit www.burlingtoncatering.ca.
- Resource Guide For Catering and Event Hosting
- Employee Spotlight: Candace Seguin
- A Beginner's Guide To Hosting A Great Event
- Why You Should Choose Burlington Catering!
- How Burlington Catering Helped A Client Have Her Dream Wedding
- New and Exciting Catering Trends to Take Your Event to the Next Level
- Event Catering Services: Frequently Asked Questions
- Busted! Don’t Believe These Catering Myths!