Resource Guide For Catering and Event Hosting
As a bespoke catering company, it’s important for us to keep updated on the latest food and nutrition trends and find fresh sources of creative inspiration while staying connected to other professionals.
To stay current, Chef Fred uses a variety of online and offline sources to provide new, exciting menus to our clients, and strengthen our business and relationships. These tools allow us to provide exceptional service to all our clients, ensuring they receive the most up to date nutrition trends, fresh flavors from around the world, and custom, one-of-a-kind menus for their events.
If you’re looking for the latest food trends, delicious recipes or just some inspiration, we’re going to share some of our most valuable resources for all things food and catering.
1. Industry Trade Shows (Food shows): The Great Food Expo, International Food & Beverage Show; The C.R.F.A. (Canadian Restaurant & Food Association) all showcase current food trends and new and upcoming products
2. Bon Appetit Magazine is a great source that highlights food trends, spotlights new and upcoming Chefs as well as great new menu ideas.
3. YouTube is a great source for “Do it yourselfers” to get step-by-step tutorials from creating Caesar Dressing from scratch to grilling a perfect steak.
4. Local catering companies are a great resource when party planning. From advice on party rentals to how much alcohol you need for cocktail parties, as well as custom menus, and staffing for any event from bartending to help surviving a buffet dinner. Local catering companies will be happy to share their knowledge and provide assistance wherever needed.
5. The Food Network Canada highlights several cooking shows which can provide behind the scenes info into working kitchens, cooking competitions, as well as creative cooking and entertaining ideas.
6. If it’s cookbooks, recipes, and entertaining guides you’re looking for, your local library is a wealth of information. Floor to ceiling shelves of all the info you could possibly need.
Whether you’re planning a wedding or small intimate dinner, these resources can be a wonderful starting point. When you’re ready to take the next step, reach out to Burlington Catering for all your catering and event hosting needs.
As one of the most experienced catering companies in Burlington, Burlington Catering provides full service catering across the region to create delicious, organised, and out-of-the-box events for our clients. To learn more, please visit our website or contact us.
- Resource Guide For Catering and Event Hosting
- Employee Spotlight: Candace Seguin
- A Beginner's Guide To Hosting A Great Event
- Why You Should Choose Burlington Catering!
- How Burlington Catering Helped A Client Have Her Dream Wedding
- New and Exciting Catering Trends to Take Your Event to the Next Level
- Event Catering Services: Frequently Asked Questions
- Busted! Don’t Believe These Catering Myths!